With so many blogs being created every day, it’s a mystery to many bloggers how to make their blog stand out. It’s simple. People wanting to read good content, et al with good gist comes ad revenue. Well, maybe it’s not that easy… We’ve finally unleashed the secrets from successful blog marketing. Do note that these are not guaranteed to increase your click-through ratios and they will not bring good fate to you or your ads.. Granting only.. Nonetheless, these tips should benefit your blog and make it more user-friendly, more easily accessible, and more content-enabled.
There are many types concerning blogs or purposes for blogs and a certain number of tactics are applicable to just about all of them, so here is a -short- list of tips for marketing and optimizing a blog:
1. Decide on a stand alone domain alias www.myblog.com or directory concerning existing site www.mysite.com/blog. Sub domain is also an decision blog.mysite.com. Avoid hosted services that do refusal allow you to use your own domain name!
2. Obtain further install customizable blog software – WordPress and Moveable Type are my favorites.
3. Customize blog look and feel templates – aka design.
4. Research keywords and develop a glossary – Keyword Discovery, WordTracker, SitePoint, SEOBook Keyword Research.
5. Optimize the blog:
* Template optimization – RSS subscription options, social bookmark links, HTML code, Unique title tags, URLs, Sitemap
* Add helper plugins specific to WordPress or MT
* Genetic keyword rich categories (reference your keyword glossary)
6. Enable automatic trackback and ping functionality.
7. Create Feedburner Pro esteem and enable feed tracking.
8. Setup Google acount for Sitemap, validate polysyndeton prep for future submission.
9. Identify authoritative blogs, gossamer sites and hubs for outbound wealth links and blogroll.
10. Format archived posts, related posts.
11. Enable statistics for tracking – Performancing, Google Analytics, ClickTracks.
12. Submit RSS feed and Blog URL to prominent RSS and Blog directories / search engines.
13. Engage in an ongoing link building campaign.
14. If podcast or video content are available, submit to Podcast and Vlog directories.
15. Submit blog url to compensated directories with categories for blogs – Yahoo, BOTW, bCentral, WOW, JoeAnt.
16. Optimize and separate a press release announcing blog.
17. Request feedback or reviews of your blog in relevant forums, discussion threads. On Condition That you have a resourceful post that will help others, point to it.
18. Research and talk on relevant industry related blogs and blogs alongside significant centers of influence.
19. Post regularly. If it’s a news oriented blog, 3-5 times per day. If it’s an authoritative blog, 3-5 times per week, but each announce must afsluiting unique and high value.
20. Guard inbound links, traffic, comments and mentions of your blog – Google Alerts, Technorati, Blogpulse, Barbarian News, Ask Blogs and Feeds.
21. Always respond to comments on your blog and though you detect a mention concerning your blog on another blog, thank that blogger in the comments regarding the post.
22. Make contact with kin bloggers on AND offline if possible.
23. When making blog posts always cite the font including a link and don’t be afraid to mention popular bloggers by name. Use keywords in the blog post title, in the body of the post and use anchor text when you link to previous posts you’ve made.
24. Use social networking services, forums and discussion threads to connect with other bloggers. If they caricature your stuff, they will link to you.
25. Remember when network sites were a new concept and the sage advice to print your web address everywhere you print your phone number? The same advice applies for your blog.